Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 May 2001 13:27:42 -0700
From:         Todd Last <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Air Intake Project
Comments: To: wayout <wayout@IX.NETCOM.COM>

I think this is a GREAT idea and I've thought about doing the same thing. Thank you for the webpage - a great resource.

I was thinking about taking a different approach, namely having the intake in nearly the same place as the stock - behind the right tail-light thinking that this would take advantage of the ram-air effect from that side air scoop. I think in summer that this might also give cooler air than an under-car intake as it is hotter the closer you get to the ground.

I think the biggest improvement would be finding a way to eliminate or reduce the 90-degree bend from the throttle body to the AFM. I also wonder what the effect of changing the distance from the throttle body to the AFM would do.

Todd '88 Westy