Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 May 2001 16:38:05 -0700
From:         Bill Kasper <dragonlist@IPMTS.UCSC.EDU>
Subject:      blue plastic circuit board

well, i have had an attack of the dpo.

i took off my instrument cluster to clean it, and was going to try to take off the dynamic oil pressure circuit board from the speedometer (just disconnect the blue plastic from the speedo to clean the speedo and keep it from sticking). besides the broken plastic all over the cluster housing, i noticed the blue plastic looked kind of funny, stretched, if you will. i lifted up one end to see how it connected and *pop* off came the plastic from around the first of the four connectors.

phaedra, remember you were talking about feeling nauseus while working on your van? uh huh.

so now i wonder just what i should do. are these blue plastic thingies available from the dealer or our illustrious list vendors? should i just press it back on like it was and drive as though i hadn't noticed it? i don't want any disasters happening while we're on our trip this summer, and somehow a failure of this circuit begs disaster, in my mind.

also, are the housings (the interior one, not the exterior one) for the instrument clusters available new? or again, from the list vendors?

it drove well today, with no overheating, oil light, or buzzers going off. but i have great fear...

thanks. bill