Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 31 May 2001 05:27:18 -0500
From:         Terry Kay <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: Opinions from TIICO customers
Comments: To: steve@SYNCRO.ORG

Mr. Schwenky,

Please do not confuse me with the Cosmo Kramer type. There was no attempt to be an arm chair master of generalizations, or speculations.

Here is facts------

If the idiot was a GOOD businessman, he would for the sake of return business, and good customer relations accept a 50% non-refundable deposit prior to manufacturing, building, or ordering, from his source, and upon delivery accept the balance.

This way no one gets burnt. He has his his initial deposit, which would guarantee almost for sure the guy ordering the conversion won't back out, unless he is a total fool, and the guy purchasing the kit won't be sitting at home wondering where in the hell his money went for 6 to 8 weeks, prior to delivery.

Why is this concept so difficult for you to grasp?

I know you dabble in the parts business now and then, I would most certainly assume that a good customer-seller,relationship is of the most importance to you, predicating upon the hopes of a return, satisfied customer.

Start charging folk up front for parts, and then sit on your duff for 6 to 8 weeks, shipping the stuff at your convenience, and you'd be shortly OTD, with what you thought you had for a client base.

One more thought Mr. Schwenky---- In my business, I get up front in a major collision repair, from an unknown customer, 50% prior to me even starting the repairs.

This usually covers the cost of parts that I am purchasing, so I am not sitting with the total of parts and labor in my lap, when this guy decides to disappear, with the insurance check prior to delivery of the truck.

If he doesn't come through, I sell the truck for the labor costs.

This is fair to me---and fair to the client.

I have been burnt once on a $23,000, repair bill and it only happened one time.

I would like to see a customers face if I asked him to pay for a tentative repair totally, prior to me even starting on the job!

Bwa, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha !!!

I would have been laughed out of business 23 years ago !!

And I feel that Mr. TIIco is burning his own bridges, by being unreasonable in his ridiculous demands.

So much for your "arm chair" theory.

Get real Schwenky.

Terry 74 Campmobile (Clementine) 85 GL 86 BMW 325 ES