Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 31 May 2001 21:11:52 -0400
From:         Ray R Brubaker <sibuk@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      FS Complete 2.1L installation
Comments: To: syncro@onelist.com

For Sale,

I have a complete 2.1L Waterboxer which I removed from my '86 Vanagon Syncro to install a TDI diesel. It was still running strong when I removed it. It has 175,000 mi. on it and has never been opened up. The only thing I know to be wrong with it is some coolant leak at the heads and a bad water pump. It didn't burn any oil and still developed good power. Has been run on synthetic oil since 68K. About 7000 mi. before I pulled it I had an oil filter fail and but some pieces of rubber into the oil system. I have not seen any evidence of damage from this (no metal in oil filters I've changed since this) but there still could be some rubber lodged in the system. It should be a good candidate for rebuild or it might run for a long time yet without rebuild.

This is the entire system (engine, most accessories[I may decide to keep the PS pump], exhaust system[muffler is bad, all pipes and CAT are good], computer, wiring harness, air filter box, etc.). I am asking $800 for everything. I would like to sell it complete, but if I don't receive a reasonable offer, I am willing to part it out.

I am located near Charlotte, North Carolina. Please reply by P-mail to sibuk@juno.com

Ray Brubaker

________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.