Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 May 2001 10:02:54 -0600
From:         Keith Adams <keith_adams@TRANSCANADA.COM>
Subject:      Paging all Calgary / Red Deer / Alberta members!
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com, subaruvanagon@yahoogroups.com,
          wetwesties@yahoogroups.com, vanagon@yahoogroups.com

Hello everyone,

This Sunday, June 3rd, is the annual Club Vee Dub (Calgary) and Air Riders (Edmonton) spring cruise and gathering in Red Deer. Each year, a group from Calgary and a group from Edmonton meet at a spot in Red Deer. It is really something to see a line of Volkswagens stretching that far down Highway 2! There are about 80 to 100 cars that converge on a spot in Red Deer, and we just have a good informal gathering and trade stories and lies. There's lots of door prizes and raffles, and the always mind boggling lowrider contest.

There are always a few loafs, a few splitties, and the odd Vanagon (usually mine!), and a collection of the sweetest vintage iron and new watercoolers! I would love to get to meet some of these people I have talked to over to past couple of years, so I am encouraging all those who can to come out on Sunday! It'll be a blast! I will be there with my Westfalia and my Golf (because it's for sale), so the Syncro has to stay home (for many reasons!).

Air Riders (Edmonton) web page: http://www.airriders.ca Sun, June 3 Farfromhome Meet 9:00 a.m Gateway Park Time: 9:00 a.m. Gateway Park on Calgary Trail South

Club Vee Dub (Calgary) web page: http://www.clubveedub.com http://www.clubveedub.com/fahrfromhome.html Sunday June 3rd Meet at Deerfoot Mall (N.W. corner of lot) 9 a.m.

If you have any questions or maybe can't make it for the cruise up, but would like to stop by in Red Deer, drop me an email (we are still trying to 100% confirm the location in Red Deer - it's supposed to be at Chapter's (5250 22 Street) in Red Deer, but these things have a habit of changing sometimes!).

Cheers, Keith Adams Club Vee Dub Treasurer 86 Westy "Roxy" / 87 Syncro "Hugh" 98 Golf Wolfsburg Edition FOR SALE