Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:50:24 MDT
From:         Joe Fortino <biker.pride@USA.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Easy vanagon repairs, yes it can happen]
Comments: To: Jenny Loerzel <jensmiles2@HOTMAIL.COM>

very very good point.. every VW owner has some good fixes and no so good fixes..

like when my break lights stopped working on my Bug and I just used the light switch, when I need to activate the rear lights.. hehe

just started toolin with my Van and its still running. slow 1.9l but it runs.

Joe

Jenny Loerzel <jensmiles2@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: Well, It's been said many times here on this fine list that we don't hear enough good vanagon repair stories, instead we are bombarded with stories of leaking heads, wheel bearing that need to be replaced, and other costly dilemmas. Well fear no more, I have wonderful news to report!

First, a loud noise coming from the rear of my Westy wasn't the dreaded wheel bearing, the axel nut just needed to be tightened. (Quick and easy repair)

Now, the small coolant leak I had wasn't leaky heads, it turned out to be a faulty hose clamp! (Thanks again Dan, you rock) OH yeah, two for two!

I love my Westy and just had to share it with people that would understand my pleasure.

Life is Good!