Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Jun 2001 11:59:50 -0400
From:         Will Pierson <billyfeet@SURFREE.COM>
Subject:      Opinions of Tiico Owners

I responded personally to the list member requesting opinions from Tiico owners. As this thread has become a bashing of the Tiico importer by people that have had no dealings with Peter. I am giving my opinion based on my dealings with Tiico. I ordered a kit in late November 2000 and was told I would receive it in early 2001. I paid the full amount less shipping at that time. I received an email from Peter when the shipment left SA. In Jan. 2001 Peter emailed me and said the shipment had arrived in Texas and requested onward shipping info. The kit arrived about a week later where I wanted it and I proceeded to install it myself. I realized that one of the motor mounts was missing and called Peter about it. He was already aware of the problem and had already sent a new mount. It arrived the next day. The kit went in very smoothly and when I started it I had questions about the Ox sensor wiring and a few other final set up questions. Peter talked me through everything and sent me some small parts and a manual free. The kit has 3,000 miles on it and is everything I expected. Yes, it does sound a little bit like a Japanese pick-up. I love it! I feel that Peter has provided excellent service to put the kit in my hands at a very reasonable price for what you get. I would do another kit deal in the future. Will 88 Westphalia