Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Jun 2001 06:59:15 -0400
From:         Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>
Subject:      Re: war of words
Comments: To: Leon Korkin <korkwood@surfree.com>

Leon wrote: > avoid "name calling". Reasonable criticism only helps. Again, we all have the > right to express ourselves after all we live in USA...Do we?

Thank you very much, Leon. While the Vanagon has brought us together we do tend to splinter off fairly quickly... Westy, Adventurer, aircooled, water boxer, Half/Full Lilly, BostonBobbed, Subaroo, TIIco...ad infintum. We all have our individual preferences and experiences. It helps the community to hear about them. But I do tire of the ranting and one sidedness as expressed by some of our Listees. Name calling is very similar to profanity. It expresses more about the speaker than the target. Secondly, this list is wonderful and one of the great things about it is the diversity in it; Including those who post from other than the USA. So no, we don't all live in the USA...but we all should respect and practice the universal right to free expression of speech, following the guidelines of the List... profanity and libel are not accepted. Just my two cents worth. -- Stephen Chillicothe OH