Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Jun 2001 11:00:02 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jhrodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      More on Rubber Bra

Since my first post on this, I have learned there is an Aliphatic version of the Urea-based material that I proposed as a protective coating for the fronts of our beloved vans. The coating can be sprayed on in matching or contrasting colors to give rock protection. It applied from 1/16th to 1/8th inches thick. It is to be considered a permanent application in like manner as to paint, and can be applied smooth like paint or textured slightly.

This material is the same stuff that the auto industry is molding certain body parts from, like the bumpers, splash shields in wheel wells and engine compartments, etc.

Because it can be molded, I am looking into the prospect of molding a vanagon front, for the purpose of producing a molded bra. If succesful, this bra could be put on and taken off with relative ease.

Will keep the list posted as this develops.

John Rodgers Driver of an 88GL with a "Craters of the Moon" front end