Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:35:56 -0500
From:         Dan Eggert <deggert@NEW.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Clean Westy at junkyard, sad, happy day, long

You can check out my van getting pulled from the yard at www.daneggert.com The gas tank did get munched! but it still works for now until I put a new one in. I lost about a 1/4 of the tank so I have to watch the gas gauge all the time. My sliding door got trashed in the moving process too, big dents from where the fork lift slammed into it, but I found another one for cheap that has no rust on it whatsoever. I paid very little for the van, had to put a new motor and clutch disk into it, and now I am dealing with minor bugs here and there like you would with any other vanagon. Total cost is under $1000 for me and once I get the new paint on her, I'm sure she will be worth much more than that, but it doesn't matter since I am going to keep it for a long time!

eggz ----- Original Message ----- From: JordanVw@AOL.COM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 9:12 AM Subject: Re: Clean Westy at junkyard, sad, happy day, long