Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Jun 2001 07:08:01 EDT
From:         Greg Rich <greg4vwparts@USA.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Anyone have experience with selling / buying a van on eBay
              motors?]
Comments: To: David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>

avid, my self and couple of my friends have bought cars/vans on ebay with great success. Usually not running or very cheap so there is nothing to loose, always from a private seller. My freind bought a 1961 Mercedes 220S and had it shipped from California to NJ, were are importing to Ottawa ina few days.

You should have excellent success, you must list your phone number and thorough specs on the vehicle, and it will sell very well. Try to be as "honest" as possible, you want to represent the vehicle as well as you can to avoid problems with the buyer, as ebay is not a binding contract with vehicles! It is a little costly to advertise but the results can be astounding, especially with unique items like that. Reserve bidding is a big turn off for all bidders, try to set a base price that will satisfy your self and attract bids. List it in ebaymotors, not ebay canada too. Greg

David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG> wrote: We are thinking of listing our 1984 German Army Double Cab Transporter on

eBay motors. I am interested in hearing from people who have bought or sold a vehicle on eBay motors. What were the good points and bad points for you?

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3 mailto:info@fastforward.ca http://www.fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

• Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions • Transporter, Unimog and Iltis Sales • European Lighting for most Audi and Volkswagen models

____________________________________________________________________ Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1