Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Jun 2001 08:24:37 -0400
From:         Jim Snyder <vanman@SHENTEL.NET>
Subject:      1982 diesel Vanagon FS
Comments: To: diesel@vwfans.com

I finally got the time this week to replace the starter, bleed the fuel system, and change the oil. The Vanagon runs perfect and starts right up. It really causes me grief to put her up for sale but we do not have room in the drive. I have too many vehicles and would prefer to see the Vanagon go to a good home were it would be well cared for and not abused.

For sale: 1982 Vanagon diesel $2800 The price is not negotiable

Located in Virginia in Shenandoah County - Outside of Woodstock off I-81

127,000 original miles

Many new parts including:

- Gabriel gas shocks all around (gas-not air)

- Toyo Touring 100,000 mile all season radials (5000 miles on them)

- Bosch starter (Bus Depot)

- Bosch glow plugs (Bus Depot)

- Bosch fuel injectors (Bus Depot)

- stock water pump (NAPA)

- oil filler tube (stock VW)

- exhaust system (stock VW exhaust pipe, custom muffler and hanger)

- Blauplunct stereo w/ 4 pioneer speakers

- 2 gauge battery cables and Ford diesel truck 900 CCA heavy duty battery (the best you can find!)

Brakes, clutch, and all electrical are in excellent shape. Everything works!

I restore older vehicles of various makes and especially VW's (32 VW's to date - 96 overall since 1970). This is a typical approach for me to replace all older parts with new stock ones. I only use the best quality parts and have been wrenching on vehicles since 1969.

This is a California vehicle with absolutely no rust anywhere. It runs great and in California, I drove it 120 miles a day on I-5 to Colusa from near Sacramento. Mileage averages about 28-32 mpg. Some oil will blow out the filler tube at speeds above 65 mph but I rarely drive it that fast and top speed is rated at 62 mph. It will go over 70 but I do not think that is very good for this small diesel engine.

The rear seats have been removed and recycled. I planned to install a Westy interior. The interior is brown and in good shape. The outside is burnt orange and crème (2 tone).

As mentioned before, there is no rust anywhere. The underside looks incredible and there is not even the beginnings of any seam rust. The previous owner did scrape the rear wheel well on the passenger side slightly while pulling into a parking spot. I had the damage estimated at $300 at a local body shop. I can send digital pictures.

E-mail me for more info off list. Thanks!

[text/html]