Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Jun 2001 08:53:23 -0600
From:         Keith Adams <keith_adams@TRANSCANADA.COM>
Subject:      Re: List Census

hmmm... name: Keith Adams

age: 26 in human years

sign: Virgo (does that matter anymore or was that just a 70's thing?)

heritage: run of the mill pasty-white WASP who can't tan. English snobbery, Scottish spending habits, and Irish temper. Not a good combination

marital status: gettin hitched in a week and a half (June 15)

job: metallurgical engineer.

where: Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Born and raised.

hobbies: racing at the velodrome, mountain biking (new Santa Cruz Superlight - woo hoo), road riding. Also the treasurer of Calgary's VW club ( http://www.clubveedub.com ). I love cars (European ones), although my weakness (?) is pre-73 Porsche 911s. More than anything in the world I want a 1973 911 S w/o sunroof. I have a soft spot for Porsche 914s as well. I also have a friend in Calgary with a 1956 Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing which is just - wow. My dad has a 1969 Mercedes 280 SE 6 cyl coupe (Euro spec). My first car was a 1975 BMW 2002 (note to all parents out there - don't let your 16 year old son drive a 2002). But I want my next project to be a pre 60 Beetle sliding rag, or an oval window beetle, or a 15 window split bus. Tipping a pint of Guinness is also another good hobby. Oh that and drinking Australia Shiraz. mmmmm.... I've been snowboarding for 14 years, but only get out a couple of times a year now. Also take the dogs skijoring. Love to go road tripping in the Westy and use any excuse for a road trip. My wife to be in originally French, so I try to keep my French Immersion skills up to date. I took French from kindergarten to grade 12, but never had a chance to use it after that. So I am slowly improving. My comprehension is excellent, but speaking (and especially written) can be pretty broken at times. It takes a while to get the brain warmed up. Other hobbies I guess would be just tinkering - fixing things around the house, building scale models, pondering life while laying on my back staring at the underside of the Syncro.

pets: 2 cats - Emily and Merlin, both rescued from places they weren't wanted. 2 dogs - both 100 lb mutts, Joey and Sam (dumb and dumber). Again, both unwanted rescues. The best pets are the ones who need someone to love them.

current vws: - 1986 Westfalia (Camper GL) named Roxanne "Roxy" for short. White with the brown interior. Had her since Feb. 2000 - 1987 Syncro 7 passenger named "Hugh" short for "Huge piece of junk". Bought as a project. Had him since Feb. 2001. Currently has a new VC and I'm picking up a new starter today so we can move on to the next problem! He's almost mobile. Just a couple more minor things. - 1998 Golf Wolfsburg Edition "Lucy". Bought her new when I got out of university. Has 16" OZ F1 Cup Plus wheels, H&R sport springs, blacked out Hella FF MkIV look euro lights. I love her to pieces but we're selling her because we never drive her anymore =( I don't commute anymore which is a good thing I guess, so she just sits and gathers dust. Too expensive to keep as yard art.

past vws: only a 1959 transporter single cab. terminal cancer case =(

All my friends drive VW's and we're the only ones with a Vanagon. Talk about counter culture....

Cheers, Keith