Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:21:39 -0800
From:         Mark Keller <kelphoto@ISLANDNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: List Census

I'm not as comfortable sharing as some of you appear but here Goes:

Mark Keller DOB Jan 1960 Miami, FL

Raised in Eustis Florida, north of Orlando. Served six years in the US Army, which I entered a week after High School. I was stationed at Ft Lewis Washington, and fell in love with the Pacific Northwest. As an Aviation Warrant Officer, I had the privilege of flying all around this beautiful area-- Winter flying just at sunset is DAZZLING!!!

My photography career began at 14, hence my email addy. I have a complete photography setup; including all formats of cameras, light and etc. I also process and print all of my own work both color and Black and white. Details? well I shoot Nikon 35 mm, Bronica GS medium, and Calumet large format. I use A Durst 4 x 5 and Omega 6 x 7 enlargers, a Colenta 26" b/w processor, a Hope 32" color processor. I use Rodenstock or Schnieder lenses.

I shoot some for fun, but mostly client specified product and corporate photography. "Meat and Potatoes" my artsy fashion photography friend says. I guess I lean to the technical end but feel quite at home with artistic interpretive treatment of things too. I feel very fortunate.

Beginning at age 21 I began living a Christian Church centered life; nothing fancy middle of the road Baptist. I have 21' Northwest Sailboat and enjoy island hopping, mainly taking the wife and our two teenage kids to shopping attractions in other little villages here and there on Vancouver Island. With photography as a livelihood, I just kinda hang out as a hobby but Southern Gospel Music and Concerts would be something tangiable; lots of used to stuff: Golf, racquetball, fishing, gardening, NFL junkie, Road Bicycling and car repair.

I don't know how to classify my Vanagon life. I rode a 67' Brigestone 175 cc the first day I turned Fifteen and My first car was a 71 Midget, I started driving the day I turned 16. Although I've owned by default ten other cars. Here is a list of the cars purchased for myself to drive: 71 MG Midget, 77 Mazda GLC, 72 Datsun 240 Z, 80 Rover 3500, 91 Vanagon. In realty I drove the Z from the time I was 19; I sold it in 95. My search for a van, which I posted to the list in 97, began in 91. I purchased the Vanagon in 97, site unseen, from a junkyard in Miami Fl. You can see it at the Tripod site. My dad, a bodyman, and myself repaired it. He and I did the Z too, so both cars are special to me.

Well there it is. I KNOW there are other photographers out there, if I can do it you can too! fess up!

Sincerely,

Mark Keller 91 Carat "Lazarus" Cowichan Bay, BC