Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:50:31 EDT
From:         Miguel Tejada-Flores <MiguelATF@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Looking 4 a Country Homes Vanagon Camper

Having owned and driven various campers, Westfalias and Adventurewagens, I've come to the conclusion that I like the internal layout of Adventurewagens and Country Homes campers much more than that of traditional Westies (biggest advantage: full rear window visibility with no intruding compartments, second biggest advantage: full sized bed, third biggest advantage: full width seat in back for passengers, etc etc). But I dislike the Adventurewagens added weight and heaviness upstairs (they feel positively lumbering when compared with a stripped down Vanagon). So my ideal compromise is finding a Country Homes Vanagon Camper conversion -- similar layout to Adventurewagens inside, but much lighter on top and overall. I've been looking patiently for one for awhile, haven't found anything ... so I'd like to put the word out to the List: anyone know of any ones in decent to good shape, for sale? I'd prefer something in the Northwest, Oregon or Norcal, but am willing to travel a little further to get the right one at the right price so.... anyone have one? Or know of a little old lady or gentleman who has one but hasn't driven it for years and wants to sell it?

If so, contact me. Thanks! Miguel Tejada-Flores Talent, Oregon Currently without a Camper (sigh) email: MiguelATF@aol.com