Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Jun 2001 18:57:32 -0500
From:         John Gladu <jgladu@BCM.TMC.EDU>
Subject:      census...

John "Grungy" Gladu Pearland, TX (HoustonBurb) 45 years old, old old... Texan since '70, New Yawker before that (Wantagh, LI) I'm a "Technical Analyst" for Baylor College of Medicine User Support Services (this week). I fix Macs (I don't do windoze). Been there eight years. Did 10 years for contractors at NASA-JSC, fixing space suits.

Married 13 years to another VW fan. Two girls, 10 and 6.

Hobbies: play trumpet in the Rice U. MOB, photography (what, another one?), massive pack-rat who likes to dumpster-dive and keep the "good stuff" that I find, used to include "fix VWs" before I had kids, kites, wish I was a private pilot

Current stable: see my .sig + a Honda CB400T that hasn't run since '86 Mileage: Bozobus 214,000 Vanagon 184,000 Eurovan 109,000

past stable: included a '71 Super Beetle, a '72 SB, a '61 Beetle (parts vehicle), '67 Bus (the RustBus, another parts vehicle), Honda CB350F

Currently driving the Eudoravan most of the time, but it's stumbling and no one can find the cause. I'm tired of it. Want a Vanagon Carat to replace the Eudoravan and the '90 Vanagon (AC is dead and too expensive to fix). I like the utility of the '93 MV's rear-facing jump-seats and I like the perky driving of the Vanagon. I should be able to have both in a Carat.

Would buy a Eurovan TDI if VW had the vision to import them. Barring that, would buy a Jetta Wagon TDI if VW had the vision to import them. May have to settle for a Golf TDI, if the Jetta TDI doesn't turn up before the vans die.

Always wanted a crew-cab, but most were delivered to Canada and don't have AC, and I've grown old enough to prefer something with AC. bcnu - Grungy (John Gladu) (Houston, TX) Opinions are just that INTERNET: grungy@mindless.com '60 dddPanel walk-thru (The Bozobus)-----r(e/u)sting (engineless)---- '69 Bug--(Bertha)-------------------------hangared (engineless)------- '90 Vanagon GL----------------------------okay (needs clutch, AC)----- '93 Eurovan Multivan----------------------okay (engine stumbles)------ '00 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro Avant-------------wonderful (my wife's)-------