Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:31:24 -0700
From:         PSavage <psavage@SABER.NET>
Subject:      Mendocino Campout: Headline News!

OK Volks, I've nailed down a great site for the campout! Besides other swell advantages, the *drive time* from GG Bridge or Richmond Bridge is only 2.5 hours! That means that many can now camp Friday *&* Saturday nites.

When: Friday June 29th thru Sunday July 1st. Where: Hendy Woods State Park (see attachment for map/details)

I've just come from Hendy Woods, 100 acres of anchient, virgin redwood trees with gorgeous, spacious campsites with restrooms, coin-op hot showers, pay telephone, & swimming in the Navarro River. Dogs are allowed, on leashes, but not on park trails.

There are a few attractive, well-built, pine cabins available. I intend reserving one for our use as *adult* lounge/bar/clubhouse! I'll serve fresh ground coffee in the clubhouse in the morning-- but bring your own cup! Each cabin is equipped with a little wood burning stove, table & bench & two double bed platforms, stacked like bunks. Cabins fresh/clean, screened windows, & porches.

Campsites cost $12 per night, but will accomodate two vehicles at no extra charge. Each has picnic table & lots of space between sites. The little town of Philo, in the heart of the Anderson Valley wine country on Hy 128 has all the supplies you will need--fresh meats, gourmet pasta, fresh veges, ice cream, locally made wine, brew pub beer, ice etc.

Friday morning I return to the park to pay Ranger for campsites. So, if possible, tell me if you're camping one night or two. *Let me know if you want a cabin for $20 a nite. It's 'gona be great camping out here together!

Many of you are bringing family & children--which is great. Bring bathing suits & comfortable *layered clothing; days are very warm & evenings cool. It's 'gona be a gas!

Ciao for now, Phaedra '85 Westy Basecamp