Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:19:37 -1000
From:         Mick Kalber <hotlava@INTERPAC.NET>
Subject:      Re: Alien Census (no vanagon content)

Well, Brian... I'm not trying to start a war (in fact if you followed the thread I was actually trying to avert one)... I was referring to the fact that Quebec, as I understand it, wants to secede from Canada, and have French become the national language or their new country. Isn't that true? Didn't the residents there not too long ago have a vote on whether to secede that was very nearly successful?

Well, anyway, it was just a joke, albeit not hysterical. In reality I know very little about the place and was just stirring the pot. No offense intended.

Mick Hilo, Hawaii

PS... not sure I follow the LA/NY analogy, but... OK. ----- Original Message ----- From: Brian Wawzonek To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 2:50 PM Subject: Re: Alien Census (no vanagon content)

Let's not get started now.... Quebec is Canada, as much as California is the United States. Would you call a person from New York and Los Angeles the same. No. Both are Americans, yet obvious geographic differences have them see things differently, as identical twins in a family although genetically the same, aren't! So, don't call Quebec, France unless you think New Orleans is the same as France as well!

One Canadians opinion. By the way, bonjour Françoix!

Brian Waz

From: Mick Kalber Reply-To: Mick Kalber To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Alien Census Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:54:58 -1000 > NO, Canada, you South Park addict! > > Blame Canada! Well... Quebec... France... what's the difference? mick ----- Original Message ----- From: mike miller To: Mick Kalber ; Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 12:20 PM Subject: Re: Re: Alien Census > NO, Canada, you South Park addict! > > Blame Canada! > > Mike > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Mick Kalber > To: > Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 1:09 PM > Subject: Re: Alien Census > > > > > It's funny to realise how a single letter can change the complete > meaning > > of > > > and idea! > > > This mistunderstanding as cause a lot of war in another time between > > french > > > and english people! > > > > We're not going to have to go to war with France because Françoix said > > "hicking" are we? > > > > mick > > hilo, hawaii > > > >