Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Jun 2001 07:44:49 -0500
From:         k1cajun <k1cajun@PIPELINE.COM>
Subject:      seeking advice about long-distance Vanagon buying

Hi, I've been off-list for about 9 months. Went on vacation and delayed going on-list, was automatically unsubscribed, moved 1000 miles, and delayed going on-list until I was ready for the onslaught of list messages. OK, let 'em rip!

I'm looking for another Vanagon for my wife (she asked). I missed out by a month on a couple of good candidates in my area (they're still listed on one e-classified). So I have to widen my search area. Some potentials show up in other states (mostly CA, CO, and WA), but I would have to fly and drive or ship back.

What I wonder is if anyone has good experiences with the process. Has anyone ever bought one sight-unseen and shipped it ? Any dealers have a good enough reputation for this ? Any with a bad rep ? If you want to reply off-list about a dealer, feel free.

I will be vacationing in San Francisco at the end of this month, so I will definitely plan to look around while I'm there.

Thanks for any advice, Dave L.