Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Jun 2001 16:51:56 -0400
From:         Matt Faust <mattf@CLARITYCONNECT.COM>
Subject:      More on sears auto dept

Well, now that the auto dept. manager is back from vacation, I presented him with the estimate from the local VW dealer for a new tank($495.05 ). He said there is no way they would pay that. I spoke with his boss and she agreed. They said they would pay if it were fender damage, but they do not view a crushed gas tank as important! "As long as it's not leaking..." The manager said they might have been willing to pay for a cheaper aftermarket tank. I explained to her that I was only asking them to pay for the tank itself, I will pay for proper installation and repair/replacement of the crossmenbers. She is going to check with her manager and call me back. She also stated she would be perfectly comfortable driving a vehicle with a crushed gas tank as long as it is not leaking! Am I crazy or what! More to follow for sure...

Matt