Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Jun 2001 23:01:38 -0400
From:         John Flaherty <jflahert@MAINE.RR.COM>
Subject:      census

John Flaherty Portland Maine 3/20/56 45 years old Married (be 22 years next month) 2 boys, 19 & 17 2 silver tip Persian cats (my wife's....current living arrangements don't allow dogs.) 2 VWs. My '84 Vanagon GL and my oldest's '86 Jetta. Wife had her own '84 Vanagon but switched to a small Japanese car. Data architecht, programmer, business analyst and accounting troubleshooter for a small multi-national manufacturing firm. Previous VWs: 1971 Campmobile (my all time favorite), '78 7 passenger, 2 '71 Beetles, '74 Super Beetle and my wife's aformentiond '84 GL Hobbies: Reading, computers, going to the beach, hiking

Born and raised in Jersey City NJ. Former NY medallian cab driver (quit shortly after my second robbery), vending machine stocker (on Riker's Island. Worst job I ever had. I lasted 3 weeks.), toll collector (NJ Tpk). Wishing to raise the boy's out of the city we moved to Dennysville Maine in 1988. About 5 miles from Cobscook Bay State Park, described so well recently by Tony Mourkas. One of the prettiest places in the world. But absolutley impossible to make any money. Tired of being poor, and with the kids old enough to want to do other things than watch the grass grow (actually drinking was the major passtime for a lot of people up there) we moved to Portland in 1998. Great little city. All the advantages of a city and a small town. We live downtown. Can walk to everything. World class restaurants, shopping, whatever. 15 minutes from the country. The same to the beach. Half hour to the mountains. What more could you ask?

John