Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:55:38 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Was Brake Rotor Squeal. Now tuning and timing research
Comments: To: Mark Keller <kelphoto@ISLANDNET.COM>

One of the advantages of the Haltech ECU system is it's ability for youto program your own advance curve into the ECU. Each range of 500rpm has it's own linear bar graph for you to set depending on load(32 bars per range basically covering 30 inches of vacuum to 0) and also has a quick map where you punch in initial timing, the rpm you want full advance at, any partial load advance needs, and a retard feature for high loads(near 0 in. Hg). Obviously you can't hear every detonation incident, but I am currently using stock 5 dgree initial setting with 32 degrees total coming in at 3500 rpm.

Will experiment more when I get the air fuel ratioss closerto perfect. and I am paking progress.

DM&FS ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Keller" <kelphoto@ISLANDNET.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2001 11:04 AM Subject: Was Brake Rotor Squeal. Now tuning and timing research