Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:04:47 EDT
From:         Greg Rich <greg4vwparts@USA.NET>
Subject:      1985 single cab for sale (rough)

Hi Listees My parents have decided to travel oversees for at least 18 months startin in July, so the project must go, we do not want to pay for storage for that length of time!

1985 single cab transporter, stored for last 4 years, we bought from the original owner who used it as a work truck, it has a heavy rack on the bed, like a roll bar, tan color, basic vehicle, 1.9 engine has strong compression dry heads, minor oil leaks, exhaust has a tick somehwere but a recent bosal muffler, no cat installed, idle is high (1500 rpm) and have not diagnosed yet, it drives very well down the road, straight and VERY TIGHT, no power steering, engine is very torquey and has good power (compared to my fully rebuilt 85 westy), gas tank leaks when over filled, front tires Michelin LTX good, rear poor, brakes stop the truck but keep in mind it hasn't been driven regularily for a long time, all lights work, horn, wipers, new park brake cables, heater fan not working, heat stuck on but I think I can fix that, interior is being clean right now, seats have some kind of glue of tar in a couple of spots that I am not sure will come off, seats three, removable vinly floor mats, good battery/charging system, trans very smooth and clutch good, new fluids through out, synthetic trans, engine oil and brake fluid, new filters and plugs. The body is rusted on the rear with various spots throught out, floor is clean and good, a couple of holes in the rear panels around the wheels. Bed is rust free but has alot of scratches/little dents. (work truck). Folding gates in good shape, tailgate mint (it is not attched) and stored most of the vans life. Mileage is unknown (odometer does not have a hundred thousand digit). You can get in this truck and drive it anywhere, it should get you there without worries. It would need a complete restoration to be worth the big bucks. it will not an easy fix/quick buck. Email for more info. Price is $3500 CDN funds. I can deliver it anywhere in North America for the right amount! Greg

____________________________________________________________________ Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1