Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:53:39 -0700
From:         Leon Korkin <korkwood@SURFREE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine Cutting Out at Highway Speed

Ray, I think your fuel pump runs off timer set at 5 minutes.Set timer at 5 hours and you will never have that problem again unless you drive to Ayers rock...I know it's not friday but just couln't help... My 85 Westy has ground right next to fuel pump. On later models ground wire goes into engine compartment where it is connected to other grounds. I would check resistance of ground and power circuit. I recently experienced problem with headlight, low beam wasn't working and hi-beam was. So, i went to flaps and bought new headlight, connected and still no low beam. After 1 hour of searching i finaly found the culprit. The low beam headlight fuse had bad contact on one sude, oxidized and carbon coated, created hi resistance resulting in only 5 volts at headlight. Those old fuses have little contact area compared to modern ones. It helps to keep those fuse holders and fuses clean. Hope it helps, Leon 85 Subwagen Westy