Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:49:47 -0700
From:         Greg Curtin <valachi100@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      HELP!!

Everyone....

Let me give you a little background on the vanagon I purchased this year. Spent $1800 on a 84 Westy and the seller said that there was a problem with the muffler...this is what caused it to sputter when revving up to first and throughout second and third. Well since then I have done what I call a little tune up work...very old air filter...replaced it and did the usual thick white smoe thing. Changed the oil, and then decided after reading a post on the list that the reason for the sputtering that the coil needed to be replaced. So ordered that and have replaced it with a Bosch 12 volt...at the same time also replaced the spark plugs, dist. and dist. cap. Now once everything is back together the van will start will nice....rev up and then die???? What gives!!! Any help that anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated!!! Have not even had the chance to take this new baby camping!!! My son is getting a little to excited for it to sit and be a fort for him!!! If no ideas, then would also greatly appreciate any mechanics in the KC/Saint Joseph, MO area!!!

Thanks all!

-Greg

1984 Westy