Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:01:09 -0700
From:         PSavage <psavage@SABER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Octane & Driving in Mexico

David, There are currently only *two grades of gasoline sold at Pemex stations in Mexico--Regular in the green pump, and Premium, in red pumps. Diesel is commonly available also. I haven't seen Nova at a Pemex station the past two years I've been driving there. I never heard pings or knocking with Regular Pemex, but my van had an *alarming loss of power & seemed to sputter at times using straight Regular Pemex. The Premium Pemex seems to work well in my '85 in all driving conditions. Phaedra '85 Westy Basecamp

----- Original Message ----- From: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net> Subject: Re: Octane & Driving in Mexico