Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:57:22 EDT
From:         Chuck Mathis <CMathis227@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tight valves!

In this case the Golf powered Westy is an '82 so it was either air cooled or diesel. Given the expense involved with adding a coolant system to an air cooled van my assumption is that Robert traded his anemic diesel for the Golf I4. The reason he is seeing a difference in RPM between a WBX and his Westy is the I4 is running through a diesel tranny -- the gear ratios are different.

Chuck '85 Wolfsburg Westy - 'Roland the Road Buffalo'