Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Jun 2001 14:52:10 -0400
From:         Drew Hicks <dhicks@NRM.ORG>
Subject:      I''ve got a name

Just like the old Jim Croce song: I Got A Name

Like the pine trees linin' the windin' road I've got a name, I've got a name Like the singin' bird and the croakin' toad I've got a name, I've got a name And I carry it with me like my daddy did But I'm livin' the dream that he kept hid Movin' me down the highway Rollin' me down the highway Movin' ahead so life won't pass me by.

Ah, the euphoria of driving my just now finished Tiico conversion. It's running strong and smooth. Purchased last August, the original waterboxer died in October. A used engine, represented by a reclaimation yard dealer as "one of the strongest running waterboxers" he'd ever seen, turned out when installed, to be a severe leaker. Out it came, and out went my call and check to Peter B. at Tiico. Eight months later (don't ask ), I am rollin' down the highway.

And the name of my Vanagon is......."Well , they often call me Speedo but my real name is Mister Earl. " { Help me out here: what was the name of the '50's group that sang that song ?? } That's right ! My van's name is " Mr. Earl ". He's honey-colored and robust and owes his life and health to URL's, the universal resource locators of the world wide web. ( Mr.URL ). I , on the other hand, owe my relative health and sanity to the amazing people of the Vanagon List.

What a great source of support and wisdom you have been....especially those of you who councilled p a t i e n c e . With me personally controlling so little of the eventual outcome of this job, it was easy to feel helpless and powerless*. except for the community of interest and experience this list provides. Many thanks and Long live the List !

Drew 1987 Syncro GL, just completed Tiico conversion named "Mr. Earl".