Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Jun 2001 19:54:45 -0400
From:         Hector Zapata <hector.zapata@XRXGSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: A/C leaking inside!

Oh, I do know this one. You hae to check where the blower fan is, above cargo area, and look for the water drain tray. Mine was cracked, and it wouldn't let any water get to the drain hoses, but the carpet was always soaked. You need to disassemble the evaporator housing, and repair the tray with epoxy. I used a large trash container (a 30-gallon works), upside down, and with assistance, lower the housing, clean all you possibly can, and fix it. It isn't that hard, but there are a lot of screws. Buy some a/c sealing tape for the expansion valve, and make sure you take a picture of the series-resistor for the evaporator fans, mine failed about three weeks after the repair was made, it only works on the third speed. Good luck, it should only take about two hours, in the shade.

A/C leaking inside!