Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Jun 2001 22:19:23 EDT
From:         Frank Grunthaner <FrankGRUN@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Deeply Saddened and Troubled -- thanks
Comments: To: hksawyer@catt.com

Lets say I was just trying to indicate my prejudices on the front of the tee shirt I wear when working in the garage. My view of lawyers has been limited, never uplifting. On several occasions I have been treated to "truth is relative" discussions in a social context. My experiences have included family and divorce lawyers (first and second hand), patent attorneys, international business law, government procurement lawyers and an intellectually debilitating set of experiences in the Los Angeles Criminal Courts as a member of the jury system.

As I recounted to another list member, I am speaking only from my limited anecdotal experience. There are obviously good and dedicated people in all classes. I have met good ethical and principled men who chose politics as an avocation. They have fared poorly. I have not yet had a positive experience with a member of the legal profession, so I have succumbed to simple pleasures and offered my simple and prejudiced view.

Finally, in my elderly status (I personally remember the songs of the 50's - very personally ... oh yea!) I freely admit that I have howled in laughter around many a campfire enjoying lawyer jokes, traveling salesmen jokes and yes numerous chuckles about various ethnicity's including individuals of polish, Italian, French, Puerto Rican and Mexican extraction. I enjoyed that laughter, and no harm was intended or personally delivered. I am complaining about exaggerated sensibilities here. I call this political correctness and I abhor it.

My comments about lawyers, politicians and list members who do not consult the archives are simply valueless opinions carrying no weight for anyone but myself. The lawyers on the list surely understand that given that we have never met personally, my opinion can have no import (other than leaving me with a warm-belly feeling for having a minor catharsis).

Further, I say woe to him who cannot enjoy a good lawyer joke. I want a simpler time. When I could be crude ill-mannered and comfortable.

I want to discuss the details of how to modify the Hall distributor on the Audi 3A engine so as to add the Saab vacuum advance control needed for the Turbocharger. After all, tonight I will go back to engineering the turbocharged 3A 2.0L inline 4 I'm preparing for my piece-de-restistance.

Sorry,

Not meant to be of any import,

Frank Grunthaner