Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:33:19 -0700
From:         George Wietor <wietorg@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Changing Fuel Lines and Clamps - in Canada
Comments: To: Éric Giroux <eric.giroux@NRC.CA>

Thanks, Eric. I will look for a CT on Manitoulin Island on my summer cruise next month. Sounds like a neat store. About the worm clamps...Ken Wilford's kit from VANAGAIN has some nifty clamps that allow lots of clamping pressure without damaging the fuel line with the slots for the clamping gear. The contacting surface of the clamp is smooth metal with a rounded edge. I guess I would get the genuine article rather than risk cutting into the hose. I just finished my fuel line/injector seal replacement Wed. night. It was plenty fun. Does anyone have a Canadian source of these clamps for Eric? George in Michigan, '87 Van O'White

--- Éric Giroux <eric.giroux@NRC.CA> wrote: > Folks, > > Everybody knows by now that replacing fuel lines is > a safety measure, and > that Ken Wilford sells a nice kit for that purpose. > However, rather than > ordering from the US, pay shipping, taxes, duty, and > convert to canadian > dollars (ouch), you CAN get an identical kit to > Ken's on this side of the > border for a low cost: > > - The High Quality German 7mm fuel line is available > from any VW dealer. > Sometimes they stock it, other times you might have > to special order. I > paid $15 for about 2 meters, the product number is N > 020 281 1 - Good Stuff! > > - Tiny Stainless Steel worm clamps are available > at...Canadian Tire! They > are in the plumbing section, they are marked TRIDON > - ALL STAINLESS. I > believe they are 80 cents each. I don't have the > product no. handy, my bill > is at my house. > > You realize by know that this 'kit' will be very > cheap. And apparently the > instruction for replacing the fuel lines are in the > archives of the vanagon > mailing list. I did not bother searching for them, > as locating a fuel line > in the engine compartment and replacing it is > (almost) a no-brainer. > > Éric