Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Jun 2001 06:39:12 -0700
From:         adam f grove <roverini@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      FS:  Vangon Camper in Seattle -must sell by 26 Jun - make an offer

HI all,

This camper was for sale on this list a month ago for $3500. It was all but sold but the deal fell through at the end becasue of a medical emergency. I absolutely must sell the van by the 26th of June becasue I am returning to Alaska and the van has no where to live in this city. So, now the asking price is $2800. If one were to pay the asking price, it could be delivered to any spot along the I-5 corridor from Seattle to Albany Oregon on the 26th of Jun only otherwise it is in Shoriline WA - on the north edge of Seattle.

The original ad: - See bottom for added tidbits of important info:

For all you die hard diesel fans this is the van for you. I am selling this for my brother-in-law who lives in rural Oregon where anything other than a beat up Ford truck is unlikely to sell. He and his wife are expecting twins next month so he is likely to give on the price.

It is a nice van. My mechanic here in Seattle looked it over and gave it the thumbs up. E-mail me at Roverini@juno.com if you have questions or want more photos. One photo is at the ad on line - http://www.classifieds2000.com/cgi-cls/ad.exe?P61+C17+R85858

Details:

FOR SALE: 1982 VW Vanagon Camper Diesel 1.6l Engine Camper conversion by ASI $3500 OBO

Located in Seattle area (Shoreline) No rust, no body damage, paint is a bit oxidized but in good shape Everything works Separate camper and engine batteries (Camper battery may be dead - will check it out) Propane stove and propane/electric Dometic fridge Stereo with four speakers Four brand new tyres Custom cabinets/accessories Security system Propane furnace with thermostat Rear seat has a tear, rest of interior is in great shape Pop top has four zippered windows - two with screens Huge amount of storage space Includes Bentley and Haynes manuals Excellent fuel economy Diesel engines last forever 148K miles on the van Approx 80K miles on the engine - transplanted a year ago from a sedan Just passed inspection by mechanic Currently licensed in Oregon

NEW TIDBITS:

Camper battery is dead Confirmed all caper accessories work including fridge Propane tank is 1/2 full Engine compression results from inspection done two weeks ago: #1 - 340 psi, #2 310psi, #3 300, #4-300psi. The mechanic said 300 or better is what he would want in his van.

Adam ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.