Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Jun 2001 15:06:29 -0400
From:         Jim Henry <jch@VNET.NET>
Subject:      PNW trip cancelled, but thanks to all.
Comments: To: Jim Arnott <jrasite@eoni.com>

Hello group,

I will try to get individual notes to all those who sent me ideas and suggestions for our Pacific NW trip over the next week. It was going to be a wonderful trip. Unfortunately, my mom (78 year old, twice survivor of lung cancer, very tough southern lady) had a severe respiratory attack on Tuesday morning that resulted in triple bypass heart surgery ("unusual, abnormal anatomy", probably damage from radiation 8 years ago) on Wednesday. All totally unexpected and very scary. I am having to put my trip on hold for a while, anyway. She is doing very well at this point and should be home from the hospital this next week. My youngest brother is downs syndrome and lives with her, so I sort have had a few complications here right now. Lois is in transit to the NW, was at the international wood carvers congress in iowa all week, and is in the air as I write this on her way to the west coast. She will get to represent both of us at the wedding. I guess my other brother will have to turn 50 with out me next month. We will just have to do it on the next half century anniversary.

I especially want to thank all of you on the "wet westies" list, what a great group you all are. (Jim, if you could forward this to your list, I would real appreciate it. Thanks) I am determined to come out for one of your events in the near future. May have to rent a camper or bring the tent, but I am now truly convinced that you know how to "circle the buses."

I will have to compile all the input and create an archive of PNW suggestions when I get a chance. I know that I am now very determined to see Glacier National Park, it was the number 1 recommendation. Maybe if we ever have a north american vanagon list festival, that should be the spot.

Thanks again to all that contributed, this is the kind of information sharing that makes the internet powerful.

Jim -- Jim and Lois Henry Durham, NC

www.jchgis.com (Jim) dull work stuff www.foxcarving.com (Lois) really neat stuff

84 GSL-SE 85 GSL-SE (parts car) 84 Vanagon Westfalia camper 95 Oldsmobile Aurora 93 Geo Prism 87 RX7 na

jch@jchgis.com lkhenry@vnet.net