Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Jun 2001 19:54:12 -0500
From:         Terry Kay <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: Oil Level Again
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>

Karl, I think that the glitch in this theory is; Where is the oil pick-up? In the bottom or top of the engine? So, regardless of where the oil is foaming, the oil will still be picked up and delivered, unless of course there is an worn out pump, where it can't be delivered at optimum pressure, or like you stated, the van was going up-hill, and possibly starving the pump from the oil supply, causing a temporary over heating situation.

I want to know what would happen, if in fact the same picture was being painted as he was going up this hill, pulling this other van, with low oil. Would the van have gotten as hot? Would it have gotten hotter?

Interesting--------

The reason I brought up the larger oil pans of a Mack, was it was somebodies contention that the less oil you run the cooler the running temperatures. This is just not so. Or did I mis-read this, and this phenomena only occurs in a Vanagon?

Terry-- 74 Campmobile- (Clementine) 85 GL- (Delilah) 86 BMW 325 ES- (Eva)