Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Jun 2001 19:32:18 -0700
From:         Craig Spaeth <spaeth@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Emission tests

The thing I don't get is why do they care what is on the engine. All that should matter is what comes out of the pipe. I had an A-1 Scirocco that would not pass emissions, it had all of the emissions stuff in place, just shot. I pulled all of the emissions stuff and dialed in the motor and I could get it through no problem. It would never pass a visual inspection but it ran clean. I don't have any problems with them setting standards that we need to meet. As long as the bottom line is air quality. If I can run an uncertified cam and exhaust and pass the sniffer test it should be no ones business. I am all for clean air, but not letting us use parts unless the manufacturers spend bundles on certification is silly. The tail pipe should be the final answer. Craig the Gorge VW club gorgevwclub.com