Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Jun 2001 15:03:49 -0600
From:         John Brush <jbrush@AROS.NET>
Subject:      Re: A/C useless when over 100 degrees
Comments: To: dmc@CYBURBAN.COM

> The a/c in my Vanagon seemeed to work fine in 90 degree New York. > But now I'm in AZ, it just cannot cool a hot van on a 100 degree day (which > is everyday right now). > Is this an inherent weakness or does my system need looking at? > Anyone else in a hot climate got his a/c working well? > My '95 Mercury Sable has no problem cooling (almost instantly) in the same > conditions - and its 134a, not Freon. >

One thing I do know is that refrigeration air conditioning is not as efficient out here in the dry desert heat. Since the task is to remove moisture, its hard pressed to find any out here :-) I might guess that your car has a smaller interior, and is better insulated? <shrug> Just a thought

When I lived in NJ, I could make it snow in my car :-) Out here, UT,, I get mostly cool air when the temp hits 100.

John