Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Jun 2001 18:27:21 -0500
From:         woody <vwwoody@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Crutchfield- lots o Vanagon speakers, any fit?
Comments: To: SPENCERVW@AOL.COM

I changed all the speakers in my ' 89 with crutchfield speaks and the fronts are the toughest to fit in place. The hardest dimensions to fit is the depth ! As the side of the dashboard gets in the way.The only ones I found that fit were a set of Kenwoods(sorry I don't remember the model #'s).If my memory serves me there is only an inch and a 1/8 of clearence for the depth ! And yes, it's no brainer installation. Yes, the rear speakers are the same,though I wanted more bass and cut the cabinets to fit 5 1/4" speaks.If you need the model #'s pmail me and I will look it up for you.

Good Luck,

woody "keep on pushin'''

http://www.dreamwater.com/dbg Der Busbesitzer Gruppe's home page, a Neato chapter 89 westy "the couch" 64 kombi slow (big nut) 61 panel slower (small nut) 60 westy slowest (no nut) 57 oval (for sale)