Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Jun 2001 01:41:37 -0700
From:         Boroko <marokus@VOYAGER.NET>
Subject:      Re: replacing gas tank crossover tubes
Comments: To: Charles McGehee <chasm@ELLTEL.NET>

Hi Charles, I did it on my '84 without TOO much grief with everything in place. I did remove the tires for easier access. You basically have to look at the position of everything and then reach in and feel your way at it. I did lubricate the grommets and pipe to ease it in a bit. One thing to be careful with is not to push the grommets through the holes into the tank. They didn't seem to want to do this on me, but it might be prudent to get an extra when at purchasing them (if you need grommets) just in case. My failure was that one of the small overflow lines broke free from the "tee" and that caused the original leak. My grommets were fine. Patients, Grasshopper, will almost always overcome force :-) Mark ----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles McGehee" <chasm@ELLTEL.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 9:02 AM Subject: replacing gas tank crossover tubes