Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Jun 2001 07:41:27 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jhrodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: VW pornno- Long? No, Endless.
Comments: To: JKrevnov@AOL.COM

Rico, your're right on , Bro!!

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

Rico Sapolich wrote: > > In a message dated 6/17/01 10:12:29 AM, hksawyer@CATT.COM writes: > > << At 01:16 AM 6/17/01 -0400, Rico Sapolich wrote: > >In a message dated 6/16/01 11:30:30 PM, badassbus@HOTMAIL.COM writes: > > > ><< Can't believe these guys stole my idea for Vanagon porn >> > > > >badassbus, > > > >Apparently you suffer a dearth of ideas. But, you make up for it by being > >one hell of an asshole. > > > >Rich > > Rich, come on man, we are mostly adults here! . . . > The "drive" for reproduction the strongest force > on the planet at times, right up there with the primal instinct > survival. . . . From your inflamed response, you > were extremely offended. . . . > > Did I have fair warning? . . . > > . . .What would happen to the discussions if there is a chill to the freedom > of speech that we enjoy on the list? . . . > HK >> > > *****! ! ! ! ! ! BEWARE: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS COURSE AND COMMON LANGUAGE > WHICH MAY LEAVE INDELIBLE SEXUAL IMAGES ON YOUR IMAGINATION. IT IS VULGAR, > SHAMELESS AND, PERHAPS, POINTLESS ! ! ! ! ! ***** > > HK and Others: > > Where or where do I begin this much belated response to more e-mail's than I > honestly had the stamina to read? Once the fuse was lit, I left town only to > return to a mailbox bloated by the subject of porn. The glut of mail has > provoked me to examine certain of my attitudes, something I avoid when it > comes to art, food, music or . . . sex. I would much rather let the primal > chord be plucked, then revel in its resonance. > > More than one suggested I am merely a prude. Hardly so. Ever since I was 11 > years old, when Linda Giles sat across the aisle from me in Mrs. Curran's > classroom and allowed me to peer up her skirt while wondering what delights > lay ensconced in her white panties, I have been a prisoner of sex. When I > was 15, I had an 18 year old girlfriend who drove a Bugeye Sprite and who put > me onto the scent of a woman; I have been rabidly following the trail ever > since. During my college years, I took a long stroll on the wild side with a > string of go-go dancers, today, they are called strippers. They came in all > flavors and each one, as all women, had something unique to offer. But, one > stood far above the rest as the most sexually motivated creature I have ever > known. She was a fiery mix of Puerto Rican, Japanese and Irish and we had > only two things in common: an appreciation of raw rhythm and blues and > bumping uglies. On those merits she persuaded me to quit my summer job and > to travel with her to almost every dive in the Northeast. By the time I > returned to reality, any demureness I may have harbored was permanently > extricated from my persona. As you can see, I am far from being a tightass > regarding exhibitions of human sexuality. > > So, why DID I chastise badassbus? With one reservation, it was not so much > the subject matter as it was the effrontery to my sense of scale. There is a > proper time and a correct place for everything and this forum provided > neither for badassbus. Beyond the impropriety of it all, there is nothing > clever, enticing nor particularly unique about a couple of teenie boppers > getting their backs blown out in VW bus. What could be more banal? > > The thing that did bother me, and still does, is that the porn selected was > tinged by pedophilia, as is the bulk of the straight porn on the internet. > What, dear lord, is it with the almost de riguer shaved pussy? A hairless > mons pubis is what one sees when one changes a sweet female baby's diaper. > Or, when a 3-year-old removes her accidentally wetted training pants and > continues to romp around the front yard. With all her reproductive system > hidden safely inside of her developing womb, a female child has to be one of > God's most asexual creations! Yet, these sleazebag internet porno kings are > foisting this perversion on young minds as if it is desirable or even normal. > > When a man as intellectually evolved as Andrew Wiles is a father, HK, I have > to agree with you that the desire to procreate is whipping us all down the > path of life. If this is the case, using it to excuse badassbus's temerity > is rather tenuous because the only appropriate subject of porn for most of us > should be, in turn, a woman fully ripened for the task at hand. One with a > slight layer of body fat to carry her through the rigors of a pregnancy, a > fully developed pelvic girdle to bear children without undue trauma, full and > supple breasts for her babies to suckle and, the most visible indication that > all systems are go, pubic hair. Hell, sounds like a Modigliani or, arguably > the hottest babe of all time, Marilyn Monroe. So, badassbus, if you want to > offend to a lesser degree, offer some porn of a woman, not a child who has > just figured out the reason for that deep orifice amidships and whose parents > are indulgent enough to pay for a boob job. > > The inadequate warning did not make this posting any more appropriate. > Compared to what we expect to find here, the connection to Vanagons is very > thin and I, for one, assumed it was some sort of innocuous joke. Since this > is not a courtroom, allowances have to be made for assumptions. If you say > someone who has been around the block should have known better merely from > the subject line, consider this: I have been searching for a precision Rivett > lathe. One of my searches returned a site whose window was entitled "TOOL > PORN". Far from displaying teenage girls doing unnatural things with Snap-On > rachets, it showed machine tools a couple of guys had rescued from the > scrapyards of New England and requested others to share their own dirty, > i.e., greasy, snapshots. With this mindset, I clicked on badassbus's link. > > Surely, my ramblings have tested everyone's patience, so, I won't go into why > I think the 1st Amendment should not protect pornographers. > > An Arab friend once told me that when a person in his country accidentally > sees someone in a compromising situation, such as catching a glimpse of a > bather through a bathroom window, the shame is not on the one seen but on the > viewer for looking. With that in mind, I share the shame the posting caused. > > Rich