Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:51:54 -0230
From:         Karl Dawe <kdawe@MUN.CA>
Subject:      VW's prorating of Leaking Heads Repair

I'm sick of using my "new" 84 Vanagon as a storage shed, so I'm trying to do the last of the repairs now. I've discovered that the driver's side head is leaking coolant (to the point that I was away for 2 weeks and now she's out of coolant). According to the stains on the drive, it appears that the coolant was also leaking out around the rad somewhere. Anyway, I'm wondering what to bring up when I call the local VW dealership and ask about the repair. The Vanagon might be an '84, but it only has 36000 km on it. I noticed that at bottom of Boston Bob's article on the web site that VW prorates the repair based on mileage, but I'm guessing I'll probably have to fight for it. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks again, Karl.