Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:58:46 -0700
From:         Rachel Cogent <cogent@GNTECH.NET>
Subject:      Re: How the heck to prime oil pump?  (Vanagon D)
Comments: To: Tobin Copley <tobin.copley@ubc.ca>

Tobin: Yes I have the same engine, what I mean is that you can turn the shaft fast by hand with your extended 13mm socket and feel the resistance of the oil pump so you will know the socket is biting.

I think the idea proposed by Michael Snow is that you would remove the alloy mount from the block and pour oil down the hole to prime it.

Entity Tobin Copley spoke thus: