Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:12:32 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: 4th heater core burst in 1 year!
Comments: To: Paul Cavanaugh <phonyexpress@IWAYNET.NET>

Paul,

I had the same situation just this week. I had blown two hoses in two days.

My mechanic used the exhaust gas analyzer to find hydrocarbons in the cooling system. He then did a cylinder leakage test, blowing air into each cylinder, till he found the one that passed air into the cooling system. This told us where to look for the problem once the head was off.

I don't know why a radiator shop would have these capabilities, but any mechanical shop that does emissions analysis should be able to help you.

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Cavanaugh" <phonyexpress@IWAYNET.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 3:04 PM Subject: Re: 4th heater core burst in 1 year!