Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:27:04 -0700
From:         Leon Korkin <korkwood@SURFREE.COM>
Subject:      Re: homemade center console??

Andrew, This is exactly what i have been working on and off over the last year or so. I got it designed and it just needs to be made(i am cabinetmaker as a hobby for 10 years).It will have 2 cupholders, sliding tray for eating on the road, CD storage and drawer for small stuff. To make it possible i moved stickshift assembly back about 8" to make room for console and make shifting the way it should have been in the first place(added 1"spacer for "shortshifting)without need to sit too far forward or bend forward every time shifting into 1st,3rd or rev. For those who want console without moving stickshift i have very nice shelf with 2 cupholders allowing 1l soda bottle to go in and room for pair of glasses or other small things. Shelf doesn't interfere with stickshift. Comes in 2 colors, grey and light brown. It requires 3 small holes drilled for mounting bracket. Also have cupholders for AT Vanagons that can be installed on both sides of the AT shifter assembly. I don't have photos of it yet but will have them soon. Leon 85 Subwagen Westy