Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Jul 2001 06:26:17 -0700
From:         Michael Snow <mwsnow@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] WTB: inline4 powersteering bracket
Comments: To: bentbtstr8@aol.com, Syncro@yahoogroups.com

If it were as easy as that, I would have power steering already. VW equipped diesel cars with several different types and sizes of power steering pumps. I have not yet seen a pump and bracket that will work with the Vanagon engine supports and oil pan. I have seen a pump from a Jetta that is very small and may actually clear the water pump with a little bracket modification, but I wonder about adequate volume and pressure for the Vanagon power steering rack. If you do figure out a way to do this, a whole bunch of us diesel drivers are interested.

Air conditioning??? It would be nice, but even more difficult than the power steering. I'm all ears :-)

Mike Snow