Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:42:23 -0400
From:         Kitzmann <kitzmann@EXIS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Can they legally do that?

The ultimate in parental control, when I got back to the campground near Raleigh NC, they had locked the gate! It seems that in that area you better be in bed at 8:00p.m or you're locked out of the campground. When I came in I missed the little 1 by 2 sign that stated this, because I was too busy reading the payment and other rules sign on the opposite side of the street. My big question is, what if there was a medical emergency or something, I couldn't drive out. I quess it explained why such a clean campground was so clean and so empty of users. It seems all the state parks around that area are like that too. Now I wonder if they searched my tent while I was in town? Such a different additude then in most of the midwest and west, where most of the campgrounds I've stoped at didn't even have any rangers around, had an honor pay system, and many had hot showers. All of that for 5-10 bucks, but around here in the east it is always 15-20 bucks cold showers if at all and a whole bunch of stupid policies.

Dave K.