Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Jul 2001 12:54:36 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Description of coveted cupholder sought/Floor mat question

I just pulled a couple of fancy cupholders out of a Vanagon and wondered if they were indeed the ones that everyone is lusting after on this list. Only one is fully intact, the other could be used for parts I guess.

Description: The cupholer is largely brown plastic with some sort of international symbol on the outside denoting it's intended use. About 5" square, it is designed to be screwed into a vertical surface(6 screw holes provided!) and the flat square piece with the logo folds out with resistance from some spring steel ribs in the mounting plate. The top ring that cradles the cup then fights the spring steel to get horizontal and then you have it fully operational. I guess I'd be a little disapointed if these really were the coveted cupholders, although a realy cool design, there are "made in hongkong stickers on the back. I'd sell these things, as Spillmaster covers my needs for fluid stabilization.

Also picked up a pair of fairly thin rubber front floor mats that have the word"Vanagon" in white letters with a beige background and yellow trim. Rest of the mat is black and has small ribs in it. Are these still available or is this some sort of collector's item?. Any idea of their worth? Prolly keep em anyway. They're fairly cool looking.

DM&FS