Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Jul 2001 08:31:40 -0700
From:         Mark Mages <wasserbox@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Projektzwo Fog Lite Troubles
Comments: To: "James ." <tornadoredgti@HOTMAIL.COM>

If the wiring diagram doesn't help, double check your ground. I had one dead light for a while due to a bad ground... had to make my own in the drivers footwell.

I didn't find the installation totally easy - It took quite a while for me with my limited electrical knowledge to figure out which holes were the right ones on the back of the fuse panel.

fwiw - the plastic housing doesn't really go over the turn signal. The turn signal clips into the housing the same way it clipped into the body metal of the van. If you try to put the ffog housing over the turn signal you probably will have problems. I have been going with one of the grille screw tabs broken off for almost a year with no problems.

Mark --- "James ." <tornadoredgti@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: > And today's problem... > > I just had a rather disappointing experience > attempting to install a set of > Projektzwo Fog Lights. > > The fitment is quite crumby. One side was okay, but > the other fit poorly > over the turn signal - so much so that it stressed > the signal lens, so that > when I tightened the screw, the signal lens cracked. > Plus, at least one > screw hole in the plastic foglight housing was so > close to the edge, that > when that screw was tightened, the plastic gave > allowing the screw head to > slip through - rendering that side unfit for proper > installation. But I > suppose these are workmanship issues that I half to > take up w/ the company. > Grumble. > > What's more frustrating, is that I can't even get > them to work! Those who > have installed them know how straight-forward this > installation is, so I > don't know what the problem is. I've double-checked > and rechecked every > connection, and it's all in tact. Still, there's no > power getting to the > lights. > > Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I'm not much > of an electrician, but > I've got a voltmeter and the wiring diagram... I'm > about ready to pay a > professional to help out, but I don't even know who > to go to, since I think > a regular mechanic wouldn't want to touch this. > Argh. > > -James > 90 Carat > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

===== ...and they were frightened and called him the most wild thing of all and made him king of all wild things. "And now", cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"

84 Scirocco 8v 87 Westfalia Gl http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages