Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Jul 2001 20:46:20 -0400
From:         Kenneth D Lewis <kdlewis@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Headlight Problem
Comments: To: rrh@AUTOBAHN.MB.CA

Roy; Check the grounds for the headlights. I can not find my Bentley manual but I believe they are terminated in the ground clusters behind the fuse box. Even if they are not these are the source of a lot of problems so some maintenance would not hurt. Since most Vanagons have leaky windshields they get wet and corrode.

Good Luck and Drive Safely Ken Lewis 86 Crewcab,60 356 http://Neksiwel.20m.com/

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:04:14 -0500 Roy Olynick <rrh@AUTOBAHN.MB.CA> writes: > The headlights on my '87 Westy have been working intermittently for a > number of > weeks. Wiggling the headlight switch used to bring the headlights > back on so I > replaced the headlight switch with a new one assuming the switch was > bad. After > a couple of weeks of working a-OK the headlights (low and high beam) > do not come > on at all now. The blue indicator light for the high beams is lit, > regardless of > whether or not high beams are selected. So, the culprit is the > dimmer switch in > the steering wheel column, right? Not! The dimmer switch in the > steering column > was replaced but didn't solve the dead headlight problem. I did > notice the > headlight switch was very hot though. > > Anyone have any idea why the headlights are not working? > > Roy Olynick > '87 Westfalia GL > (till death do us part) > '91 Honda Civic SE > '01 Honda Civic LX > ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.