Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Jul 2001 15:11:50 -0400
From:         jhlauterbach <jhlauterbach@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Freeze-12 and refrigerant oils
Comments: To: Candmhok@AOL.COM

Ken Wilford at Van-Again is (in my opinion) our guru of Freeze-12. I had my cvan converted from R-12 to Freeze-12 last year (I needed new compressor, compressor mount, etc.) The shop that did work changed hands, and new owners won't support Freeze-12. I needed to top system off, so I got some more Freeze-12 from Ken, a set of gauges and a sidetap from my local PepBoys, and I did the job myself last Sunday morning. A/C is not rocket science, but you do need some basic knowledge. I had plumbed in my lab days all sorts of high pressure and high vacuum equipment, and this was by comparison easy. The night before I did the job, I went to Barnes & Noble and spent $20 for a book called, "How to Air Condition Your Car." Book was helpful reading.

In any case, I have been riding around in a cool van this week when outside T&H has been 90F and 90%RH.

John Lauterbach Macon, GA ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chas Hoakanson" <Candmhok@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 12:32 PM Subject: Re: Freeze-12 and refrigerant oils