Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Jul 2001 15:29:03 EDT
From:         Benjamin Tan <BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Airbox - Excuse me, but ...
Comments: To: FrankGRUN@aol.com

In a message dated 7/4/01 12:05:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time, FrankGRUN writes:

<< Please note that the I-4 installations executed by the factory (no direct knowledge of the SA solutions here) all use the air box mount on the left or driver's side rear. This includes the NA, CA and Euro versions of the diesel and the CA and Euro versions of the turbo diesel. >>

To be Frank with you, I was not aware that diesels came with Digifant.

IIRC Evil Pig (aka JT) is talking about converting his diesel to Digifant. To me that means GAS engine and not diesel. Perhaps JT can jump in here and clarify what he is talking about.

I own a 1989 16" Syncro Double Cab which is factory equipped with a 1.6 turbodiesel. I also own a Digifant WBX van and an 82 diesel which now has a 1.8 CIS inline 4 gas engine.

Aside from owning, I have also personably viewed at least 15-20 various inline 4 conversions up close and personal. Not apart but on a lift in a proper garage. My very good friend and parts supplier was a Eurospec dealer and converter. He uses SA parts and SA methods. He has been performing conversions in his shop since way before Tiico was even a twinkle in Peter's eyes. They have yet figured out how to put an airbox on the driver's side (left side for you RHD folks) for the engine compartment.

I'm a technical provincial, please do enlighten me.

BenT <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bentbtstr8/myhomepage/index.html">Vanagon Cafe</A> all rights reserved